Just My Rambling Thoughts

8.03.2004

How to go a month between blogs

OK, I didn't realize that I had gone a month between blogs. I've got a couple of weeks covered - I was on vacation for one, and at a seminar for the second.

As far as vacation goes, we went to Lake Tahoe for 5 days. I hadn't been to Tahoe for over 20 years, and it was great to go back. It's beautiful in summer, all the trees, surrounding mountains, and of course the lake. Even though it has lost some clarity, it's still clearer than any other lake around. Took the kids on a waverunner one afternoon - what a kick with my daughter (5) and son (9) - laughter and wide smiles at 30 MPH. Next day, the whole family took a powerboat out for a trip over to Emerald Bay and the requisite speeding on the way over. All in all, a very relaxing time. On the way home, we snuck in some "education" and visited a working gold mine - everyone donned a hard hat and went 400 feet below to see how the mine works and the history of mining. Actually a very entertaining hour.

More stories coming, really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home