Just My Rambling Thoughts

8.05.2004

Three days in a row!!

A new record, posting three days in a row. I don't know what to do...Maybe I'll take a day off.

So, anyway, since I'm in a vacation recap kind of mood, let's get back to the middle of the state. Driving home, we went through the "heartland" of California, and it was interesting to see the changes, as I said. It was also interesting to find modern oases. Out in the middle of nowhere, an exit appears and there's a row of gas stations - usually with gas much cheaper than what we paid for at home - and fast food restaurants, and the occasional local eatery. Even saw an Indian restaurant at one stop. To both my wife's and my joy, one place had an In-n-Out Burger. There's nothing like an In-n-Out burger to a southern Californian. My wife likes the cheeseburger with onions, for me a single, animal-style, no tomato. Like manna, especially when it was 103 outside. Excuse me, while I wipe the drool from my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home